As the CXR Community continues to push for transparency in recruiting, a significant component to consider is the role of artificial intelligence. With increased demands on recruiters and the rapid rise of technology, we all know that AI will be tasked to manage key pieces of the recruitment process. From screening resumes to hiring and firing decisions, AI is taking on more importance.
With this increased reliance on AI, we must prioritize transparency. How are algorithms built? What data informs the AI in our TA technology? Are your candidates aware of AI within your hiring process?
A recent survey of 1,068 respondents by Tidio provided some perspective on the role of AI in recruitment. Here are some quick stats from this survey of people within HR and outside of HR:
- 68% of recruiters believe using AI in the recruitment process will remove unintentional bias
- 89% of respondents think that AI could help with the application process for candidates
- 21% of respondents worry that AI will overlook atypical experiences and qualities
- Over 90% of respondents feel that AI can be manipulated
Later this month, join us for a CXR Meeting on Transparency in AI. We’ve put together an impressive panel of experts (see below) for a discussion on the current state of transparency in AI and where improvements could be made.
- Athena Karp, CEO HiredScore
- Barb Hyman, CEO Sapia.ai
- Lindsey Zuloaga, Chief Data Scientist Hirevue
Learn more and register here. See you there!