Throughout 2021 we’ve been watching and participating in the work on diversity hiring intent vs impact started by Rocki Howard and Smart Recruiters. Both CXR Community Members and Alumni participated in their diversity hiring toolkit and we held some fantastic discussions this spring with Rocki on the topic.
We just hosted Rocki for a third discussion in which she shared some key takeaways from the 2021 State of Diversity Hiring Report:
- We are barely scratching the surface: 56% of respondents do not consistently publicize their diversity plans, commitments or metrics
- We are working without a plan: over half of respondents said they don’t have a process for setting diversity hiring goals
- We are neglecting internal talent: too many organizations do not follow best practices to engage the diverse employees they already have.
- Bias keeps creeping in: 69% haven’t implemented structured interviews
- Budgets aren’t budging: 2/3 of respondents state that they don’t have budgets that align with their objectives
We think the overall report is well worth the time to download and review. The five pillars that it poses are an excellent place to focus your efforts and move beyond intent into making an actual impact.
At SmartRecruiters, we believe you are who you hire. Our commitment as a leader in the HR Technology space is to facilitate diversity hiring progress that you can be proud of.– Rocki Howard, Chief People & Equity Officer, The Mom Project
Read more from the source SmartRecruiters: State of Diversity Hiring Report 2021