Description & Overview
- Year Founded: 1991
- Private or Public: Private
- Headquarters: Minneapolis, MN
- Number of Customers: 500
- Mergers & Acquisitions: N/A
- CEO: Faith Rothberg
- Investment: Not disclosed
- Number of Employees: 15
- DEI leadership: Women-owned
- Website: www.collegerecruiter.com
College Recruiter’s customers are primarily Fortune 1,000 companies, government agencies, and other employers who are hiring at scale, meaning dozens or even hundreds of students and recent graduates of one-, two-, and four-year colleges and universities who are searching for part-time, seasonal, internship, and entry-level jobs.
- Heritage: The leadership team has deep domain expertise in early talent, campus recruiting, cost-per-click and other performance-based pricing, and programmatic job ad distribution with over 30 years in this industry. Founder, Steven Rothberg, started the company in 1991, publishing maps of college campuses to help students and career service offices. The company has kept pace with the market, added a job board in 1996, and became one of the first, niche programmatic and performance-based advertising provider in 2016.
- Integration: Integrations with the major ATS and CRM providers
- Global: GDPR compliant, over 1,000,000 job postings in Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, and dozens of other markets, and multi-currency to allow customers anywhere globally to use major, local currencies for CPCs and payments.
- Customer Support: College Recruiter has a step-by-step, documented process called the College Recruiter Difference that guides its employees during the sales process, implementation, and reporting. Targeted email and job posting campaigns typically take 3-5 business days to implement.
The most significant differentiator is College Recruiter’s deep domain expertise across all areas of early talent and campus recruiting. It truly understands the unique hiring needs of employers and students. Founders, Steven and Faith Rothberg, have pivoted the company to keep pace with a dynamic market. Starting as a provider of campus maps, shifting to a job board with the advent of the Internet in the late 1990s, and now offering media and advertising solutions, College Recruiter has stayed committed to helping connect employers with the right talent and students with the best opportunities.
Companies advertise their part-time, seasonal, internship, and other entry-level jobs that require 0-3 years of experience with College Recruiter to help them hire students and recent grads from all one-, two-, and four-year colleges and universities. College Recruiter now helps over 5 million early talent candidates find new jobs each year.
Today’s companies have a unique opportunity to examine their early talent strategies and technology with a focus on data, experiences, and performance. Aptitude Research found that 65% of companies plan to increase their investment in technology to support early talent this year. College Recruiter stands out from its competitors because of its performance-based and programmatic advertising model and a growing international presence. Currently, 15% of its business is international with over 100,000 international postings. It offers international postings and multi-currency options. College Recruiter is best suited for any company hiring at scale and looking to better target the right talent and improve the experience of candidates.
Product Enhancements for the Next Year
- Q1 2022 – Migration from version 6 to 7, which was primarily a massive update to the database and other back-end functionality.
- Q2 2022 – Complete refresh of front-end so the look-and-feel, user interfaces, and navigation will be all new.
- Q4 2022 – Major upgrade to job import system to allow College Recruiter to process tens instead of just millions of new job posting ads a day.
- 2023-24 – Multilanguage support so that ads and searches may be in any, major language.
- FedEx Ground
- U.S. Department of State
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- UnitedHealth Group
- U.S. Customs and Boarder Protection
- U.S. Navy
- Advantage Solutions