CXR Alumni & Member Series: Equity
July 30 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Equity. Achieving Fairness in Hiring.
If the current conversations about Black Lives Matter are teaching us anything, it is that avoiding difficult and awkward conversations is a mistake. Silence is not safe.
We know traditional selection methods are broken. Candidates do not believe recruiting processes are fair…and that is the real bar that employers must meet. Employers have to know they aren’t fair when three of every four Fortune 500 firms avoid even calculating the gender and racial disparity in pay for the same work.
Multi-national employers continue to embrace inclusion as a value while defending local exclusionary ‘customs’ as culturally allowable.
Progress for equal pay for equal work (and much more) at the current rate is expected to take at least another 70+ years to achieve. Can anyone wait? Where should we draw the line? What can we do together?
Join us for the first meeting in a series of strategic conversations designed to challenge us as leaders and help us be the change we want to see. Our panel:
- Ken Bouyer, America’s Director of Inclusiveness Recruiting, EY
- Carmen Hudson, Principal Consultant, Recruiting Toolbox
- Damu McCoy, VP TA, Target
- Kristen Weirick, Former Global Head of TA and Chief Diversity Officer, United Airlines
- Nicole Wormley, Sr. Director D+I Attraction and University Recruitment, Danaher