Work Out Loud – Week of Nov 1, 2021

• Work Out Loud – Week of Nov 1, 2021

Chris Hoyt updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Chris Hoyt

Organizer
    November 1, 2021 at 2:54 pm Company: CXR

“Anyone can criticize or accept praise, but initiating a positive exchange is a hallmark of a difference-maker.”
    ― John Stepper, Working Out Loud – Kindle edition.
    (Just in case you were wondering where these Work Out Loud post ideas originated!)

Welcome Home!

Please take just a moment to say hello and welcome @sheil (Sheila Chiodo) of Okta (formerly Intuit!), @vivan (Vivan Calimlim) of GE Appliances, @ewhite (Ellen White) of Bayada, @jcuff (Justine Cuff) of Spectrum, and @darrell (Darrell Aherron) of Kimberly-Clark to the CareerXroads online community!
    I know they’ll appreciate a quick connection and shout-out here in the forum.

The Final Stretch!
    While we normally ask the community who they may meet, what they’re working on, or what’s ahead, I thought that as we go into the final 2 months of the year it might be helpful to share what our priorities are as we wrap up the calendar year.

If you’re too slammed to type a full response, just take the easy way out (TL;DR) and select a GIF from the reply button that sums up how you’re feeling about the end of the year approaching (so quickly?!)

My final stretch includes a few things that I’m focused on getting done before the end of the year:

1. Some new solutions/vendor directory updates and enhancements
    2. Coordinating what next year’s live meetings look like (HOORAY, LIVE MEETINGS!)
    3. Finalizing a surprise membership benefit for our companies going into 2022 with us!

As for how I’m feeling about the end of the year being right around the corner? See below.

What about you?

• Grant Clough

November 3, 2021 at 5:07 pm Company: Cherry Bekaert LLP

Escalating campus salaries, LA county background check delays, and seasonal hiring. Oh my!

• Chris Hoyt

Organizer
      November 4, 2021 at 11:00 am Company: CXR

@grant-clough are you doing bg checks across the board or just for certain roles? I ask because I just had a call last week with a leader that was lobbying to stop them entirely for all but roles that would actually be in the homes of customers. (Delays were one reason they were pushing so hard.)

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.