Cathy Henesey updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • Chris Hoyt

Organizer
    September 7, 2021 at 1:40 pm Company: CXR

Community Quote for the Week

“We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.”
    – Dolly Parton

Welcome home, new people!

We like to shout “Welcome home!” each week to the new community members who have taken the time to register on the site and who have started to connect with colleagues and join some of the groups here online. This week I’m welcoming @thomastiernan of Intuitive Surgical, @domvalero of Enterprise, @tfornelius of Sierra Nevada, @kristina of Amazon, and @aswanson of Atlassian!

Please join me by adding a note to say hello and dropping in your A’s to the Q’s below or just your TL;DR response (at the bottom) that’s usually a bit faster if you’re busy!

Who Will You Meet?

We’re asking again!!! “Who Will You Meet This Week?”

If you’re new to the Who Will You Meet? feature, we’ve started to look ahead and think about one stakeholder we plan on meeting with this week, or to reflect on a meeting we had with a stakeholder recently. Whether it’s sharing lunch, a coffee or walk break, or just spending a little time chatting (with most of this taking place virtually now!), we know that building these cross-functional relationships with those who will get value from our recruiting or recruiting community are critical to moving things forward to the next level.

The questions are:
    Who did/will you meet this week? How did it go?/What are you planning to talk about?

Per usual… I’ll start!

This week I am:

1. Wrangling cats and feedback related to the new & free mentoring platform created by the CXR Foundation with Real Links (https://www.cxr.foundation/mentor).
    2. Proposing a (slightly) new direction to a board for a published “History of Recruiting” project
    3. Meeting with 2 heads of talent to talk through their ENTIRE technology and vendor landscape
    4. Connecting with 4 leaders in regards to a research project related to recruiting during and after the pandemic.

So… What are you working on this week?

TL;DR

We know that it might be hard to determine a to-do list or prioritize projects right now, so if you’d rather opt-out of the above, we have one more casual ask for you this week:

Share a photo that represents your community’s culture.

Here’s mine…

• Mary Brogan

September 7, 2021 at 2:34 pm Company: Marsh McLennan

Welcome everyone, CXR is an amazing community!

• Domingo Valero

September 8, 2021 at 6:37 am Company: Enterprise Holdings
    11 Points

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to hear from you all and connect with new colleagues.

Here’s my picture that represents my community ‘s culture.

Dom

• Hali Gibson

September 8, 2021 at 7:26 am Company: Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
    108 Points

Welcome everyone!!

• Cathy Henesey

September 12, 2021 at 2:14 pm Company: AdventHealth

Welcome everyone!

I am attending HRO Today in Chicago this early week and hope to connect with many TA leaders including CXR Member Rob Daughterty. We are on a panel together on Wednesday! Yes, the conference is live and in-person.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.