• Work Out Loud – Week of 10/4/2021

Grant Clough updated 3 days, 2 hours ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • Chris Hoyt

Organizer
    October 4, 2021 at 12:19 pm Company: CXR

Quote of the week:

“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
    – Ronald Coase
    (hat tip to @andrew-toussaint who’s post on quality control got us thinking about data early this morning.)

Welcome home!

After taking a bit of time off last week to attend HR Tech and get a bit of a “refresh” for the remainder of that week in Vegas, we’re back and excited to say, “welcome home” to a few newcomers.

So please join me in saying hello to @jcarey of Intuitive Surgical, @Geetika from Scotiabank, @lianne from Otis, and @heather.k.hill from Optum! For those that are new, we simply share a few things related to what we’ve got going on this week and take a moment to connect with our community colleagues.

What’s important this week?

Here’s where we simply share 2-3 things that have our focus this week. And if we’re having “one of those weeks” where that feels like a big ask, you can simply hit the reply button and choose a GIF that represents how you’re feeling about your focus! This is a great way to find new peers and connect with them here on the platform, ask for help, or offer up some support or ideas.

I’ll go ahead and go first.

This week I’m…

• digging out of emails after an interesting week in Vegas attending the HR Tech conference
    • putting the final touches on this week’s upcoming member meetings that include Candidate Experience and a special guest speaker Leadership meeting.
    • beginning the development of an exciting new (and secret… shhhhh) member benefit with regards to our vendor directory and services ratings/reviews.

And just for kicks, I’ll also include a GIF that sums up this week for me.

• Lianne Mason

October 5, 2021 at 7:30 am Company: Otis

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome…

So much going on this week but main highlights…

• Really getting into our data across EMEA, excited to see how far we have come and where we are going
    • Putting the finishing touches to our diversity project program plan
    • Working with the teams to embed our technology and ensure that we are making the most of our tools to be effective

How I feel…. so many gifs to choose from but I think this one sums me up (most weeks!)

• Chris Hoyt

Organizer
      October 5, 2021 at 11:29 am Company: CXR

I literally lol’d at that little girl.

Love this, @lianne-mason – it would be great to hear more about the progress of your DEI project when you’re ready!

• Grant Clough

October 12, 2021 at 11:15 am Company: Free Agency

Do I reply here… or wait until you start the thread for this week?

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads
mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.