NYC Human Rights Law Fair Chance Act

• NYC Human Rights Law Fair Chance Act

Jennifer Tracy updated 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Grant Clough

October 21, 2021 at 5:54 pm Company: Cherry Bekaert LLP

Musing of the day… Given the relatively new need to bifurcate the background check process in New York City (separating education/employment verification from criminal check), is anyone out there thinking about bifurcating that process universally as a best practice?

I pulled an offer earlier today because of a discrepancy in the degree verification (not NYC). I’m wondering if we should just be running those earlier for everyone. Especially given how long that process sometimes takes.

• Gerry Crispin

October 22, 2021 at 6:53 am Company: CXR

Since you are musing. I don’t think everyone will be segmenting their background checks except for what you noted as a significant difference in the time to report on any given aspect. That said, I’m convinced in the next few years, Universities (and probably the Alumni Associations) will partner with various block chain services and provide [free] to each alumn a link to supply any potential employer that literally certifies a person’s education instantly. And if the institution is smart they’ll add additional services for a fee/donation

• Jennifer Tracy

October 25, 2021 at 4:27 pm
    97 Points

We are keeping our drug screening with our criminal, but doing education and employment verification first.

We only have one BU who still often uses education or employment as we basically have shown them it increases processing time and cost.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.