Getting Promoted When Working Remote… A concern?

• Getting Promoted When Working Remote… A concern?

Roger Coker updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Chris Hoyt

Organizer
    July 13, 2021 at 9:59 am Company: CXR

Thought I’d float this by this group as it’s landed in my inbox a few times over the last couple of weeks. Are your teams concerned with getting promoted and advancing their careers if working in fully or partially remote environments?

The latest note I’ve received bulleted the following concerns that are thought to be items that need to be addressed… and I’m wondering if I’ve been out of the corp environment (and essentially full-time remote for ~7 years) too long to be sensitive to these from a “hybrid work” standpoint.

1. What to do to stand out and be visible within your team
    2. How to communicate what makes you different in a virtual setting
    3. What supervisors are looking for in regards to their team development
    4. The skills that will help get on track towards a promotion
    5. Tips for acing a performance review

These come off to me as just a little too buzzworthy. (Sort of like how we see a massive influx of generational talent concerns every few years. Bleh.)

Thoughts?

• Roger Coker

July 16, 2021 at 1:20 pm Company: All Native Group
    46 Points

My Team has zero concern about being promoted or advancing their career when working remote. In fact, my Team experienced more promotions while working 100% during the pandemic than anytime in the history or our company.

Q#1: What to do to stand out and be visible within your team?

A: Do your job, and then do more than expected. Go the extra mile, and then go another mile.

Q#2: How to communicate what makes you different in a virtual setting?

A: Communicate it through your results, through metrics reports to your Leaders, and by requesting feedback and sharing it with your Leaders.

Q#3: What supervisors are looking for in regards to their team development?

A: This depends upon the mission of the company and Department, the individual in the job, and the supervisor.

Q#4: The skills that will help get on track towards a promotion?

No answer on this one. This is a discussion topic, not a simple and quickly answered question.

Q#5: Tips for acing a performance review.

Same answer as Q#4.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.