Community Update: Inactive Community Members

• Community Update: Inactive Community Members

Robert Ossakow updated 3 weeks, 6 days ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Chris Hoyt

Organizer
    November 8, 2021 at 9:40 am Company: CXR

Hello, community members!

(Scroll to the bottom for the TL;DR)

Whether you have been a CXR Cohort member for some time or you have only attended a few live (remember those?) colloquium meetings, you are very likely aware of the three basic guidelines and interview points that qualify a company to be eligible for membership. If you need a reminder, here you go:

1. You must be DOING the work
    2. No sponges allowed
    3. No a$$holes

And while it’s fun to talk about each of these – especially #3 – the announcement I am sharing today focuses on #2.

“No sponges allowed” means that meeting attendees are expected to participate – to put into the community as much as they are trying to take out of it. Every year we typically have a membership request that we have to turn down because a company or leader does not permit their people to have open conversations with industry colleagues about what’s keeping them up at night, big recruiting challenges, or details around talent victories. Every so often, Gerry and I have had to approach someone at a live meeting to remind them that they are there to contribute as well as learn (we are not a conference, after all!) And very rarely, we, unfortunately, have to let someone know that they are not invited to future meetings or to renew their company membership.

In just 3 years our online community has grown to over 5,000 professionals. This body of community members is made of active cohort members, alumni, non-member recruiting professionals, industry analysts, and vendors. And while we have very active forums and private chat groups, there is a portion of that count that includes a group of people that are doing way more taking than giving.

So it is time that we lean into the online community with the same dedication and candor that we’ve always depended on in real life.

Effective this month, we will be deactivating online accounts for those who are lurking within the communities but who have had no community activity for an extended period of time.

“Community activity” includes (but is not limited to):

• Posting or responding within a community forum
    • Posting or responding within an activity feed
    • “Liking” something within an activity feed
    • Messaging/Chat with community members (we can see the activity, but not the messages – those remain private.)

Can deactivated accounts be reactivated? Absolutely! But just like in real life, you will need to reach out to Gerry or me directly to talk about it. 😉

As always, if you have any questions just ping me directly or post a response.

TL;DR: The CareerXroads online community will be suspending inactive and “lurking” community members.

• Robert Ossakow

November 8, 2021 at 10:28 am
    6 Points

Thanks Chris for this reminder. I look forward to participating more in the forums as we return to the office.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.