Diverse Slates – who is requiring them, and what impact is it having?

Tagged: 

• Diverse Slates – who is requiring them, and what impact is it having?

• Chad Godhard

September 30, 2020 at 8:09 am
    108 Points

We (Assurant) are considering implementing a diverse slate requirement which would be new for us. I’m curious what other organizations are doing to define their requirement, and I’m interested to understand what impact it is having on hiring. Is it helping to move the needle?

Is anyone familiar with any studies that show a positive correlation between a diverse slate requirement and better results?

Thanks,

Chad

• Shelia Gray

December 10, 2020 at 7:15 am Company: Quadient
    219 Points

Hello Chad,

There are studies that state by having at least 2 diverse candidates on a candidate slate results in ahigher probability of having a diverse hire. I have required Team to only produce diverse slates ( at least 1 diverse candidate)

• Jasmyn Franklin

January 5, 2021 at 6:51 am
    13 Points

Hi Chad,

Great question! We encourage all of our recruiters to provide diverse slates and we shy away from a restrictive number to avoid limiting creativity. We are actively working with the business to identify candidate journey through the process. For example, we ask the hiring manager to ensure a diverse interview team as well.

Happy to talk through this further if you are interested!

Best,
    Jasmyn

• Mirandah Thomas , MBA

January 7, 2021 at 10:24 am
    197 Points

We have Diverse Slate goals right now at the VP and Director+ levels.

In my previous life Diverse Slate goals were for the division and rolled up to the Sr. leaders Successfactors (not strictly a TA goal). We identified key roles that were a critical need to seek out external talent and there was an opportunity to infuse diversity. We were specific in calling out whether the need was ethnic diversity or gender diversity and had separate goals for each. We ensured the roles were within certain bands or grade levels of the organization, We approached setting our goals by benchmarking both historical hiring trends but also gathering external market data that gave insight into the availability of talent. Happy to connect offline to discuss.

• Sonja Williams

January 15, 2021 at 12:35 pm Company: AdvocateAurora Health
    134 Points

We are currently requiring a diverse slate for roles at the Supervisor level and higher. As stated in many of the previous responses, we find that we are more likely to have impact when 2 or more diverse candidates are in the slate. However, due to large number of internal candidates applying for roles, they are disproportionately selected over a diverse candidate. Specifically, if the experience is equitable. Our 2021 goals are directed more on moving the needle with hires by looking closer at roles where we are most likely to have impact. For us — the manager level.

• Chad Godhard

January 20, 2021 at 5:20 am
    108 Points

Thanks for the insights!

• Brad Cook

November 16, 2021 at 8:00 am Company: Intuitive Surgical

This thread is a few months old now and I’m wondering if anyone has done any more with diverse slates?

I’m getting a lot of pressure to put in a requirement of diverse slates but I’m yet to find anyone that’s clearly defined the what and the how.

Starting to think Dir above roles, and 1-2 diverse talents on the slate. Gender or race. Not sure how to define that’s its best effort based on talent supply/demand.

Any other insights anyone can share?

Thanks all

Brad

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.