Food for thought as you read Betting on You

• Food for thought as you read Betting on You

Gerry Crispin updated 10 months ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Laurie Ruettimann

January 28, 2021 at 12:02 pm Company: Punk Rock HR
    12 Points

Hello all! I hope you’re enjoying Betting on You! I’m super excited to see you all on February 26th.

I wanted to throw out a couple of questions to consider while you’re reading Betting on You.

1. How could you invest in your wellbeing in a way that would actually make your job easier?

2. If you demonstrated self-leadership, how could you positively impact the lives of your coworkers?

See you in a few weeks!

• Barb Ruess

January 28, 2021 at 12:47 pm Company: CXR

Love these questions, Laurie! They provide a nice framework as we dig into the book. I started it today!

• Gerry Crispin

January 28, 2021 at 12:53 pm Company: CXR

Thanks for the questions Laurie. Regarding the first one- investing in my wellbeing to make my job easier, on one level I can’t imagine an easier job than mine. Still, when I periodically get serious about setting time aside prior to work to do light exercise, walking, I find I automatically organize my day, envision what successful actions and outcomes look like and look forward to executing with a kind of glow from the exercise. Feels good. I need to be more intentional about those early morning walks maybe even scheduling them on my calendar

• Barb Ruess

January 28, 2021 at 1:13 pm Company: CXR

Gerry! Does this mean when we’re back to in-person meetings you’ll do early morning walks with me??

In all seriousness, I agree completely. Taking care of myself first thing in the morning with some exercise makes me more productive.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

careerxroads mobile app live chat collaboration sharing networking

For 25 years CareerXroads has been a trusted community for talent acquisition and recruiting professionals. Now, CXR brings the power of networking and collaborating with industry colleagues and peers to the palm of your hand.